ITALY-CHINA SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION WEEK 2016
The Italy-China Science, Technology & Innovation Week 2016 took place in Italy from October 25 to 27 bringing together in a unique format, according to the back-to-back formula, the two main events of the Sino-Italian cooperation: the 7th Edition the China-Italy Innovation Forum and the 10th edition of the Sino-Italian Exchange Event.
The initiative focused on three days and the main event was held in Naples (October 26 to 27) in the presence of the Italian Minister of Research Stefania Giannini and the Chinese Minister of Science and Technology Wan Gang, and two territorial focus were held:
- in Bergamo on the topic of Advanced Manufacturing Systems and Healthcare Technologies (October 25)
- in Bolognaon the topic of Agrifood (October 26)
The Italy-China Science, Technology & Innovation Week 2016 has the format developed over the years: thematic seminars, round tables and business-to-business meetings between professionals of the two countries as part of an institutional framework created with the ministries and the main Italian and Chinese public bodies dealing with research and innovation in the most topical issues of mutual interest.
The highlights of the event in Naples were:
- the first edition of the Italy-China Best Startups Showcase: a special event for innovative start-ups and young talents who had the opportunity to meet Italian and Chinese incubators and investors;
- the inauguration of the hub in Naples of the Italy-China Transfer Technology Centre by Ministers Giannini and Wan;
- a Digital Fabrication Zone, where the ideas developed by Italian and Chinese Makers were shared in order to create new innovative projects combining “cultural traditions and digital innovation”;
- Education Programs and Agora, a section aimed at promoting academic exchanges and mobility of students, researchers and professors;
- a Business Exhibition, which offered the opportunity to Italian and Chinese participants to exhibit their projects and technologies in their exhibition area.