CHINA-ITALY INNOVATION FORUM – CIIF
Promosso dal Ministero italiano dell’Istruzione, dell’Università e della Ricerca e dal Ministero della Scienza e della Tecnologia della Repubblica Popolare Cinese, il Forum dell’Innovazione Italia-Cina – CIIF è un programma istituzionale che intende promuovere gli scambi culturali ed economici tra i due paesi orientandoli nei settori più innovativi dell’economia della conoscenza.
Nato nel 2010, il CIIF ha sinora favorito scambi e visite reciproche coinvolgendo circa 8.000 esperti provenienti dal mondo accademico, da comunità scientifiche, da imprese innovative e da agenzie governative di entrambi i paesi. Ha inoltre attivato oltre 4.900 azioni di scambio tecnologico e favorito la sottoscrizione di oltre 600 accordi di cooperazione.
(I lavori della giornata si terranno in lingua italiana e cinese. E’ previsto il servizio di traduzione).
DELEGAZIONE CINESE ⇒ la lista dei partecipanti
ONE-TO-ONE MEETINGS ⇒ vai all’agenda
Welcome addresses by Italian and Chinese authorities
Addresses of Ministers
– Wang Zhigang, Minister of Science and Technology
– Marco Bussetti, Minister of Education, Universities and Research
Signing Ceremony of bilateral Agreements
11:30 – 13:30 > SINO-ITALY SPACE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY FORUM: “A challanging collaboration in Aerospace”
A challenging collaboration in Aerospace
The Forum, jointly organized by the Italian Space Agency (ASI) and the China National Space Administration (CNSA), will review the status of the bilateral cooperation between Italy and China in the aerospace field.
Italy and China developed two different national aerospace systems with many common interests and scientific, technological and commercial opportunities that will be presented and discussed during the Forum. Representatives of space agencies, scientific institutions and industrial companies will attend the Forum to exchange views, present new ideas and confirm the consistency and validity of the ongoing projects.
- Piero Benvenuti, ASI Commissioner, Welcome remarks
- Gabriella Arrigo, Head of International Relations Unit, ASI, Forum Introduction
- Xu Yansong, Division-Director, International Cooperation Department, CNSA, China Space Activity and Policy towards the Future Mission
- Samantha Cristoforetti, Italian Astronaut, ESA Corps of Astronauts, Astronaut Sea Survival Training in China
- Maria Cristina Falvella, Head of Strategies and Industrial Policy Unit, ASI, Introduction of the Italian Space Industry Sector
- Massimo Claudio Comparini, Presentation of the Italian Cluster for Aerospace Technology (CTNA)
- Luca Rossettini, President of AIPAS, Presentation of the Italian Aerospace Associations (AIAD, AIPAS, ASAS)
Intelligent Manufacturing Systems: Technologies, Competences and Standards
In recent years, the manufacturing world has been undergoing some innovations that have changed the way in which production, distribution and consumption are conceived. New empowering digital solutions and cutting-edge technologies have been shaping the competitive environment by enabling new manufacturing paradigms that leverage on high degree of automation. Such models require a thorough integration inside and outside the organization, thus making interoperability a crucial feature of production systems worldwide. The session will explore not solely the new technologies pushing the new trends in digital manufacturing, but also showcase how China and Italy have been approaching the revolution through pertaining industrial development plans.
Chair: Representative of the National Technological Cluster Intelligent Factory.
Chairmen: Sergio Cavalieri, Vice-Chancellor for Technology Transfer, Innovation and Valorisation of Research, University of Bergamo and Wang Jian, Secretary General of China Science &Technology Automation Alliance
– Gianluigi Viscardi, President of the Italian National Cluster Intelligent Manufacturing
– Ge Yong, Vice -President of Beijing Institute of Information and Development of Sciences and Technology , Chinese Academy of Sciences
– Giuseppe Linati, Director of the Digital Innovation Hub – Confindustria Lombardia: Italian National Plan «Industria 4.0» – SMEs approach towards Digital Transformation
– Li Yuchun, Investment Manager of Zhongguancun Development Group
– Mario Tucci, Professor of Industrial Engineering, Representative of the Italian National Organisation for IT Standards-UNINFO
– Wang Shifeng, Founder of Freelance (Beijing) Venture Capital Limited
– Representative of a research institute or university
– Wang Jian, Secretary General of China Science &Technology Automation Alliance
– Andrea Irace, Professor of Electronics, Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (DIETI), University of Naples Federico II: New tendencies in higher Education for Industry 4.0
Health and Life Sciences
In Italy, healthcare is evolving from reactive disease care to the so called 4P medicine paradigm (predictive, preventive, personalized and participatory. Systems biology and medicine, omics data and the digital revolution are now beginning to provide Italian patients, consumers and physicians with personalized information about each individual’s unique health experience of both health and disease at the molecular, cellular and organ levels. This approach will allow to personalize care to each person’s unique biology, treating the causes rather than the symptoms of diseases and making their care much more cost effective.
Raffaele Ruocco, Directorate General for Research and Innovation in Healthcare, Internationalization and Promotion of Research Infrastructure, Italian Ministry of Health
- Introduction by Enzo Grossi, Scientific Advisor of the National Technological Cluster on Health Life Sciences ALISEI
- Zhang Zhe, General Manager of Wuhan Shengshi Kanghe Health Management Consulting Co. Ltd: The combination of information technology and health application
- Valentina Vaira, Researcher on Molecular Oncology, IRCCS Cà Granda-Ospedale Maggiore
- Chen Wenting, Chairman of Laviana Pharma Co., Ltd.
- Bi Hua, Chairman of Beijing Huaxipharm Co., Ltd.
- Giuseppe Poli, Representative of Panoxyvir
- Rui Guozhong, CEO of Beijing SINOVATE Pharmaceutical Technology Development Co., Ltd.
- Paolo Ghia, , Deputy director, Division of Experimental Oncology, Professor of Internal Medicine – IRCC Ospedale San Raffaele and Università Vita-Salute San Raffaele
- Zhou Yong, CEO of Chongqing Gaosheng Biomedical Co., Ltd.
- Giuseppe Novelli, Rector of University of Tor Vregata (Roma)
- Representative of Experientia: patient-based wearable technologies
- Wang Zhejun, Chief Operating Office of Accurate International Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
Green Growth and Energy Revolution
The issue of energy represents today the main global challenge for our societies and economies. The session will look at innovative components, technologies and systems of production, storage and distribution of sustainable and low-CO2 energies – from the renewable and blue sources – as well as the concept of smart grids for energy efficiency and saving; the session will also consider systems and technologies for water and waste treatment in the production of energy.
– Giorgio Graditi, Member of the Executive Committee of the Italian Cluster on Energy and Head of Solar Thermal Smart Network Division, Head of Solar Thermal and Thermodynamic Division, ENEA – Italian National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development: Scientific and technological priorities of the Italian Cluster on Energy
– Xu Dingbing, CTO of ChinaWorth Global Tech Consulting (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
– Domenico Villacci, Consorzio ENSIEL – (tbc)
– Cai Wei, Founder & CTO of Jing-Jin Electric Technologies (Beijing ) Co. Ltd.
– Roberto Cimino, President of the Italian Cluster Blue Italian Growth: The relevance research and innovation in advancing blue growth and blue economy
– Li Qiuhua, Professor of Guizhou Normal University – International Joint Research Centre for Aquatic Ecology
– Representative of the private sector about clean technologies
– Ma Jian, General Manager of Beijing International Aerotropolis Technology Research Institute
Sustainable Development and Technological Innovation for Resilient Cities
Climate change, scarcity in environmental resources, demographic changes and socio-economic development strongly affect the quality of life of our communities as well as the safety and security of population. More and more often acute shocks sum their effects to chronic stresses, making it even more strategic for cities to develop capabilities for overcoming crises, adapting to changes and growing in this complex and interrelated scenario. Digital transformation and ICT innovation provide concrete opportunities to enable these capabilities, by supporting environmental monitoring and early warning, impact analysis and decision making, citizen sensing and community empowerment. This session will explore how technology innovation and sustainable development strategies can support cities in planning and implementing successful actions for achieving resilience in urban systems, critical infrastructures and communities.
Chairman: Laura Morgagni, Secretary General, National Technological Cluster on Smart Cities and Communities and Director of Torino Wireless
– Pietro Siciliano, President of the National Technological Cluster Smart Living Technologies
– Xin Jiwei, Secretary General of ZhongGuanCun Smarter City Information Industry Alliance
– Massimo Claudio Comparini , CEO of e-geos: Use of satellite data for the prevision of risks
– Jiang Longliang, General Manager of Fine Selected (Beijing) Technology Co., Ltd.
– Vincenzo Lapenna, Director of the Institute of Methodologies for Environmental Analysis –IMAA-CNR: The CLARA Project: Cloud platform and smart underground imaging for natural risk assessment
– Ma Xiao, CEO of Culture Consultancy S.r.l
– Roberto De Lotto, Professor at the Department of Civil engineering and Architecture, University of Pavia: Nature Based Solutions for smart cities and communities
– Yu Jie, Co-founder of Shanghai Yichao Makerspace Management Co., Ltd.
– Sergio Ulgiati, Professor at the Department of Applied Technologies, University of Naples Parthenope: Considering the impact of Circular Economy in urban planning
Food and Nutrition Security
Providing Food and Nutrition Security in a changing world is an urgent objective due to the increasingly interconnected challenges of natural resource scarcity, climate change, and population growth, which affect food systems globally. The session will look at research and innovation efforts for a new approach encompassing the ‘food value chain’, from the sustainable use of land and practices in agriculture to food processing including packaging, distribution and logistics.
Chairman: Francesco Loreto, Director of the Bio-agrifood Department biology, agriculture and food sciences, National Research Council and Representative of the National technological Cluster on Agrifood CLAN
– Sheridan Woo, Department of Pharmacy, University of Naples “Federico II”: Plant probiotics and stimulants: the next generation products
– Teodoro Cardi, CREA – Council for Agricultural Research and Economics: Novel approaches in vegetable breeding and phenotyping
– Yu Mei Cao, General Manager of Beijing Huaer Duoduo Huaxianzi Agriculture Co., Ltd.
– Andrea Rizzo, Vice President, Neotron S.p.A.: Risk assessment and analytical topics for food supply chain
– Lu Yuling, Chairman of Xinhua Children’s Food Quality Research and Development Center
– Eleonora Sirsi, Associate Professor, University of Pisa, Department of Law: Italy-China trade project development of a digital platform for the enhancement and commercialization of agrifood through digital integration for traceability (Blockchain) and reality augmented tools
– Zhu Mingqiang, Chairman of Xinjiang Sizhong Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
– Gianna Palmieri, Researcher, CNR- IBBR -Institute of Biosciences and Bioresources: New antimicrobial peptides for innovative applications in food industry
The Showcase is targeted to innovative market-proven startups and spinoffs operating in six thematic sectors (Digital Economy, AI & Big Data, Intelligent Equipment, Advanced Production, Comprehensive Health, Sustainability & Green Innovation), interested in internationalization processes towards China and Italy.
Best Startup Showcase Official Opening
Addresses by Italian and Chinese promoting organizations and introduction of the Evaluation Committee
- Giorgio Ventre, Deputy Director of Campania NewSteel
- Stefano Mainetti, Chief Executive Officer of PoliHub (tbc)
- John Zhang, Secretary General of International Technology Transfer Network
- Giovanni Perrone, President of PNI Cube
- Yao Weike, Chairman of China Association for International Science and Technology Cooperation
- Ferdinando Pastore, Director of Office of Industrial Technologies, Energy and Environment of ICE – Italian Trade & Investment Agency
- Nicoletta Amodio, Responsible for Industry and Innovation of Confindustria and Director of Giuseppina Mai Foundation
- Lin Jian, International Cooperation Director of TusHoldings and Deputy General Manager of TusStar Incubator
- Federico Barilli, Secretary General of Italia Startup
- Alessandra Capriglia, Innoway
- Enrico Iaria, CEO DooPlus Group
Speed Dating with investors, incubators, enablers and experts
48 selected startups (36 from Italy and 12 from China) will present their business to an evaluation Committee composed by Chinese and Italian experts through speed dating and one-to-one meetings. The best innovative startups and spinoffs will be awarded with cash prizes and benefits aimed to support them to participate in the following phases of the internationalization program.
The Best Startup Showcase Awards Ceremony will be held in the afternoon, from 16:30 to 17:30 after of one-to-one meetings.
The seminar on Advanced Materials has been organized to highlight the important role in our society for their uniqueness in properties and extended application in various industries becoming the basis of modern science and technology. Advanced Materials, both in Italy and China are at the heart of many technological developments that touch our lives and find applications in many strategical sectors such as biomaterials for better health care, sensors for intelligent environment, energy materials for renewable energy and environment, packaging, composites and light alloys for better transportation, and more. This meeting will provide a platform for sharing the last advancement in new materials and innovation in technologies.
Luigi Ambrosio and Marino Lavorgna, CNR-Institute of Polymers, Composites and Biomaterials
– Teresa Russo, Researcher, Institute of Polymers, Composites and Biomaterials-CNR: Advanced materials and additive technologies for health
– Fan Huiqing, Professor of Northwestern Polytechnical University
– Mario De Stefano, Space Technologies Integration Unit, Italian Center for Aerospace Research-CIRA: Advanced materials for critical and extreme conditions
– Gang Wang, Vice-Chairman of China Building Materials Federation
– Alberto Ansaldo, Researcher Graphene Labs, Italian Institute of Technology, Genoa: 2D crystals for energy applications
– Francesco Marra, Assistant Professor at Sapienza University of Rome, Dept. of Chemical Engineering Materials Environment Lightweight composite materials and additive technologies
– Yan Chunhui, Researcher of China Advanced Semiconductor Industry Innovation Alliance
– Giovanna Buonocore, Researcher, Institute of Polymers, Composites and Biomaterials-CNR: Polymer nanocomposites for food packaging applications: high barrier and active materials”
14:30 – 17:30 > SINO-ITALY SPACE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY FORUM: Space Science and Exploration Session
Chairperson: Barbara Negri, Head of Space Exploration and Observation of the Universe Unit, ASI
- Roberta Sparvoli, Prof. UNIROMA2, Responsible CSES/LIMADOU, National Institute of Nuclear Physics (INFN), CSES Scientific Mission: China and Italy in Space
- Peng Fuchuan, Deputy Division Director of Science and Technology, Lunar Exploration and Space Engineering Center, CNSA, Lunar & Mars Mission and Opportunity
- Michèle Lavagna, Prof. Polytechnic of Milano, Incoming Moon/Mars Scenarios as Opportunities for Challenging Technology Developments
- Sun Liling, Deputy Director of Engineering Center, National Space Science Center, CAS, China Space Science Missions
- Marco Feroci, National Institute for Astrophysics (INAF), The Italian and European Contribution to the Sino-European eXTP Mission
- Zhang Shuangnan, Institute of High Energy Physics, CAS, Cooperation Opportunity of China Hard X-ray Satellite
- Filippo Frontera, Prof. University of Ferrara, The Sino-Italian Collaboration on the Insight-HXMT Mission: Contribution and Exploitation
- Lu Fangjun, DG Assistant, Institute of High Energy Physics (IHEP), CAS, Insight-HXMT
- Bruna Bertucci, Prof. University of Perugia, National Institute of Nuclear Physics (INFN), The AMS Mission: the Italian Contribution
- Wang Yifang, Director General, Institute of High Energy Physics (IHEP), CAS, AMS02 & HERD
- Giovanni Ambrosi, Institute of Nuclear Physics (INFN), The HERD Mission: the Italian and European Contribution to the Scientific Payload
- Liao Shengkai, University of Science and Technology of China, Cooperation Opportunity of China Quantum Satellite
- Daniele Dequal, Scientific Research Unit, ASI, Italian Experience in Satellite Quantum Communication
- Paolo Giommi, International Relations Unit, ASI, Responsible for the Open Universe Initiative, Open Universe Project
14:30 – 17:30 > SINO-ITALY SPACE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY FORUM: Space Technology and Applications Session
Col. Giovanni Sembenini, Secretariat General of Defence, Italian Ministry of Defence
- Roberto Provera, Director, New Initiatives and Customer Solutions Development, Exploration and Science, Thales Alenia Space, Thales Alenia Space – At the Crossroad of Space Exploration
- Liu Bo, Division Director of Europe region, China Space Launching Service, CGWIC, Introduction of China Space Launching Service
- Paolo Annunziato, Chairman, CIRA, Key Research Challenges for Aerospace
- Lu Xi, Senior Engineer, Shanghai Institute of Satellite Engineering of SAST, Space Science Satellites
- Massimo Claudio Comparini, CEO e-GEOS, The Impact of Big Data in Space Technology and Applications
- Zhao Qi, Project Manager of International Business office of AIT Center, CNSA, International Open Sharing
- Eleonora Luraschi, Sales Manager, D-ORBIT, D-Orbit New Space End-to-end Solutions
- Kammy Chan, Head of International Business, HEAD, Application Based on small satellite Technology
- Alessandro Donati, General Manager, Kayser Italia, Kayser Italia microgravity applications in China
- Giovanni Cesaretti, Marketing and Sales Manager, SITAEL, SITAEL Activities in China
Italian and Chinese best startups will be awarded by leaders of the entrepreneurship community into six categories: Digital Economy, AI & Big Data, Intelligent Equipment, Advanced Production, Comprehensive Health, Sustainability & Green Innovation.
An exhibition area will introduce the history of the China-Italy Innovation Forum, with facts and figures of this bilateral program initiated nine years ago for the internationalization of research and innovation. Furthermore, a poster session with the showcase of prototypes, technologies and objects will illustrate some outcomes of joint projects and ventures between Italian and Chinese organizations born thanks to partnerships launched in recent years in innovative research and business Italian and Chinese contexts.
Via Olona 6bis, 20123 Milano MI