Temi: Fisica ed Astrofisica, ICT di nuova generazione
– Francesco Pigliaru, President of Sardinia Region
– Fabrizio Cobis, Head of Office Directorate General for Research Valorization, Ministry of Education University and Research
– Luigi Amodio, Director Science Centre, Città della Scienza
Introduction to the Cagliari Side Event
– Raffaele Paci, Vice President of Sardinia Region
– Maria del Zompo, Rector University of Cagliari
– Massimo Carpinelli, Rector of the University of Sassari
– Alberto Scanu, President of Confindustria Sardinia, the regional enterpreneurship association
– Zhang Zehao, Secretary of Beijing Technology Exchange & Promotion Center
Smart cities, with the smart grid, are evolving rapidly. They integrate and use information to be shared between departments, infrastructure operators and with citizens for a greater, more responsive urban ecosystem. In a smart city, energy, water, transportation, public health and safety, and other key services are managed in concert to support smooth operation of critical infrastructure while providing for a clean, economic and safe environment. Best practices of public-private partnership for the benefit of the community will be illustrated during the session.
Chairman: Daniele Giusto, University of Cagliari
– Leandro Aglieri, Technology Visionary, Coordinator of the Smart City Innovation Forum Roma Capital: From Smart Nation to Smart City: the Italian Case
– Cheng Yu Fu, President, R20 International Regional Climate Action Organization
– Annalisa Bonfiglio, President of CRS4 and Representative of the Joint Innovation Center with Huawei: Face recognition and crowd detection
– Lai Meifang, Chairman of Ganzhou Migasu Beauty Co., Ltd.
– Alfonso Damiano, Technological Cluster Smart Communities Tech
– YouYi Zhang, CEO of National One Belt And One Road environmental Technology Exchange and Transfer Center
The recent development of the astrophysics in the whole international community is well represented in the local context. In Sardinia is hosted one of the largest and modern radio telescopes. The Sardinia Radiotelescope (SRT) with its 64m diameter and active optics, is able to look far in the universe and connect to the most distant human-built probes in our Solar System.
In the near future also the new field of gravitational wave (GW) observations of the universe may have a possible development in the Sardinia territory, thanks to the effort toward the proposal of an optimal site for the third generation of GW detectors, a possible extraordinary installation will take place in the dismissed mines, host the Einstein Telescope (ET).
Chairman: Plinio Innocenzi, University of Sassari
– Marco Pallavicini, Coordinator of the Commission on Astroparticle Physics, INFN-National Institute for Nuclear Physics: Strategical projects in Sardinia, the Dark Side ARIA project
– Xiang Bin, Assistant General Manager of China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation Ltd.
– Massimo Carpinelli, Rector of The University of Sassari and Project principal Investigator : The Third-generation ground-based gravitational wave detector “The case of Einstein Telescope (ET)
– Jian Ma, President of the Beijing International Aerotropolis Technology Research Institute: the Development and Opportunities of General Aviation in China
– Emilio Molinari, Director of Astronomical Observatory of Cagliari-INAF: Present experience and future possibilities for a collaboration ion astronomy, EATING VLBI Project
– Massimo Vanzi, University of Cagliari
Visit to Luna Rossa (36° America’s Cup) Scientific Lab
Luna Rossa has launched the challenge to the XXXVI America’s Cup to be held between January and March 2021. In view of the training, of the participation in the preliminary races and of its final goal, Luna Rossa will carry out studies, tests and research in the field of advanced computational fluid dynamics, in the design of the hull of the new boat and it will experience broadband connectivity to acquire the data necessary to optimize the duties of the crew. This is the purpose why Luna Rossa is one of the most advanced scientific and technological laboratory thanks to its collaboration with research centers specialized in scientific research and in High Performance Computing.